Monday, February 13, 2012

Teacher Appreciation - DIY Flower Vase

This week is teacher appreciation week, so each day we will be doing something special for David's teachers.  Today we made a vase of flowers for both of his teachers.  I picked up some tulips at Publix and some craft sticks at the Dollar Store.  I had everything else on hand already.

What you'll need:

Glue gun and glue sticks
An empty can (you see two below because I had two vases to make) - empty and washed
Craft sticks
Emblishments (buttons, fabric, ribbons, etc)


Hot glue the craft sticks to the outside of the can.  I used a tiny dot on both ends of each stick.  I placed the first stick on the can (so it would be straight up and down and not crooked) and David put the rest of them in place after I added the hot glue to each stick.



Next, pick out whatever embellishments you want to use.  David picked out the ribbons and told me where to place them.  I added the ribbons since it was more possible to burn little fingers using the ribbons.  I also added some buttons using hot glue.


The finished project.  


No comments: